People can request that Cardinal Dew prays for them in St Peter’s Basilica

Cardinal John Dew of Wellington, New Zealand, attends a vespers service presided at by Pope Francis and Anglican Archbishop Justin Welby of Canterbury, England, spiritual leader of the Anglican Communion, at the Church of St. Gregory in Rome Oct. 5. (CNS photo/Paul Haring) See POPE-ANGLICAN-PRAYER Oct. 5, 2016.

This month Cardinal John Dew will be praying at St Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican for those  who have requested his prayers.

Cardinal Dew will be attending the closing Mass for the Jubilee Year of Mercy which will be celebrated by Pope Francis, and will have with him  a special book containing the names of those who have taken part in Bible Society’s Poverty and Justice Bible campaign.

This is the second time Cardinal Dew has personally prayed for Kiwis in Rome. Last year he prayed specifically for those who had requested prayer at his titular church – Sant’Ippolito, where he is Cardinal-Priest.

The Bible Society of New Zealand has been collecting names and prayer requests throughout 2016.

And there is still time to participate. To submit a prayer request for Cardinal John Dew please visit www.povertyandjustice.nz and fill out the form.

Posted in

Michael Otto

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. zep says

Please pray for Miguel, Luz, Sonia, Joel , Joseph, Oscar, Betty, Noe, Waldo, Cesar, Carlos, Teresa , Lupe, Pepe, Janet. Their families, husbands, wives, sons and daughters. Pray for their health to get better. Pray for protection from all evil, and all enemies, and for prosperity.

2. jim says

Holy Lord Jesus bless cesar and joel, heal them from all illness and protect them from all evil. They are struggling financially. Help them to make all bill payments, and to prosper and succeed in their jobs. So be it in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

3. j says

Please pray for Pedro Torres, he is severely sick. He was bitten a by a bug causing his heart to over grow.
    He has being waiting for a heart transplant for a few years, and now he is in intensive care and all his organs are shutting down. please help

4. j says

5. jim says

Holy Lord Jesus bless cesar and joel, heal them from all illness and protect them from all evil. They are struggling financially. Help them to make all bill payments, and to prosper and succeed in their jobs, in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

6. NN j says

please pray for Damianus aditya and myself. I have been waiting for reconciliation and to forgive each other, peaces for me and him, I have been struggling with pain. You always know what was happened because You see everything a most hidden corner, in suffering and disappointments. I come with a broken heart, his heart so hard, he doesn’t respond to anything. Father, please soften and touch Damianus aditya christie heart and the people around him for me. I can’t touch his heart, i know that prayer is a powerful thing. Without Your graces, we cannot accomplish anything. only God can change people’s hearts. please help me face things that are beyond my capabilities. because God, You have power to help me. and if You don’t want this reconciliation to happen, please give me strength to overcome the bitterness. Teach me how to remain grateful, although this is the most difficult. teach me to love you more than anything. I really need a miracle, thank you

7. Mel says

Please pray for Lilian Silva and Pearl Fonseka for speedy recovery as they are both suffering from H1N1 Influenza and Pneumonia. Pearl Fonseka is in a critical condition and is in-between life and death. She is in the ICU and is needing urgent prayers. In Jesus’s name we pray that they will be healed. Pour upon them Lord your Holy blood and keep them safe in your arms. Let them be cured and brought back to life so that they maybe able to celebrate your Holy Birth. In Jesus’s name we pray! Amen!

8. Janice says

Please pray for my mum Veronica to get completely healed from this cough that has been troubling her since October last year. Also please pray for all to go well with my husband Ivan his legs lungs and throat to be healed so that he can get back healthy to enjoy his life. I pray this in Jesus name